An exceptional boarding school community for boys in grades nine through twelve.

Endowed Funds

    • Caleb Rogers '16 - Noland Fellowship Recipient
Woodberry Forest School announces the selection of Caleb Rogers ’16 of Charlottesville, Virginia, to receive the 2015 Noland Fellowship. Caleb will spend four weeks in Havana, Cuba, on a two-part project. He will be doing service work under the auspices of the Episcopal Church of Cuba, providing donated water purification materials to needy communities in Havana. The second half of Caleb's project will be dedicated to the study of the beginnings of private enterprise in Cuba. His project has academic, service, and personal dimensions: It was inspired not only by Caleb's study of Spanish at Woodberry, but it also has roots in his own family history. Caleb's great-grandfather moved to Cuba from Mississippi upon his high school graduation in 1922. His grandmother lived there until the family returned to the United States in 1959. Jairo Rivera, a member of Woodberry's foreign language faculty, will be Caleb's project adviser. 

Woodberry Forest School's Noland Summer Fellowship program is funded by Lloyd “Bud” Noland III ’62, who established it with members of his family through the Noland Memorial Foundation in honor of his father. The program provides financial support to students who wish to pursue projects that, in Bud Noland’s words, “offer truly life-changing experiences to the very best Woodberry students.”
Woodberry Forest School has established funds to support the general endowment and specific program areas. The funds listed here have a market value of $25,000 or more. The annual income generated by these funds enhances the Woodberry experience by providing valuable support for students, faculty, and programs. We are grateful to these donors for their vision and generosity.

List of 1 items.

  • Endowed Awards

    Class of 2006 Residential Life Award
    Established in 2006 by the Class of 2006 to recognize a member of the school community who contributes greatly to residential life.

    Distinguished Adviser Award for Outstanding Service
    Established in 2011 by Virginia and Robert Spratley, grandparents of Lemuel L. Doss IV '11 to recognize a faculty member for exceptional service as an adviser to students.

    Sam Alexander Dougherty '42 Memorial Golf Prize 
    Established in 1948 by Penelope and Francis M. Dougherty 1909 and William H. Dougherty ’41 in memory of their son and brother, killed in action during World War II, to recognize the player with the lowest scoring average in varsity matches.

    General Awards Fund  
    A common fund comprising gifts in support of academic, athletic, and graduation awards.

    Frank Hawkins Kenan '31 Medal
    Established in 1994 by Betty Kenan, in honor of her husband, to recognize a sixth former who exhibits leadership and outstanding achievement in academics, athletics, and fine arts.

    William R. Kenan Jr. Science Award 
    Established in 2012 by the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust, in recognition of Mr. Kenan’s distinguished career as a research chemist, to recognize the top science scholar in the fifth form.  

    Most Valuable Player Award
    Established in 1969 by Anonymous ’38 to support MVP awards in wrestling, lacrosse, winter track, and basketball.

    George R. O'Connor '70 Award for Excellence in Teaching
    Established in 1980 by The Brown Foundation, Highland Resources, and Maconda and Ralph S. O’Connor in honor of their son, to recognize a faculty member who demonstrates unusual teaching excellence in the classroom, dormitory, or on the playing field.

    Vivian Slaughter 1897 Award
    Established in 1993 in memory of Vivian Slaughter, Class of 1897, killed during World War I, to recognize a sixth former who has excelled in scholarship and distinguished himself by intellectual or creative achievement in some voluntary activity.

    Frank S. Walker 1903 Award
    Established in 1974 by an anonymous alumnus in memory of Frank S. Walker, of the Class of 1903, to recognize a member of the staff who has given most unselfishly in the performance of his or her duties, thus helping to perpetuate the spirit of Woodberry as exemplified by Mr. Frank Walker in his lifetime.

    Mrs. J. Carter Walker Medal
    Established in 1964 by F. Evans Farwell '25, in honor of the first headmaster's wife, to recognize a sixth former who has shown the most significant academic improvement during his years at Woodberry.

List of 1 items.

  • Teaching Endowment Funds

    Mary Reynolds Babcock Teaching Endowment
    Established in 1958 by a grant from the Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation.

    Margaret W. and Thornton H. Brooks '29 Teaching Fund
    Established in 1989 by Margaret and Thornton H. Brooks ’29.

    Class of 2009 Faculty Retention Fund
    Established in 2009 by parents and grandparents of the class to support faculty retention.

    Jessie Ball duPont Teaching Endowment
    Established in 1955 by Mrs. Alfred I. duPont and the Jessie Ball duPont Fund.

    Fiveash-May Faculty Endowment Fund
    Established in 1989 by Alice Jane and Joe Fiveash, Jr. ’48.

    General Faculty Fund
    Established in 1959 as a common fund for gifts of all sizes for faculty support.

    Frank H. Kenan '31 and Lawrence Lewis Jr. '37 Teacher Internship Program Established in 2005 by the William R. Kenan, Jr. Charitable Trust.

    William R. Kenan, Jr. Fund
    Established in 1976 by the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust.

    Cuthbert P. Lamb Faculty Support Fund
    Established in 2005 by A. Alexander Porter, Jr. ’56, in memory of Cuthbert Lamb, a member of the faculty from 1948 to 1986.

    Parents' Fund for Faculty Support
    Established in 1997 by gifts from Woodberry parents and grandparents.

    Peter D. and Phyllis S. Pruden Faculty Support Fund
    Established in 2007 by Phyllis S. Pruden, mother of Steve Stancill '74.

    Lucie and Coleman Walker '20 Teaching Fund 
    Established in 1958 by Lucie Andrews and C. Coleman Walker ’20.

List of 1 items.

  • Program Endowment Funds

    Admissions Office Discretionary Fund
    Established in 1997 by Rufus H. Duncan ’50 and Sharon Stieber Bass.

    Art Endowment
    Established in 1990 by Carolyn Frazier Sanders to support visual arts.

    Belk Family Fund
    Established in 2008 by Kim and John Belk '77 to support special programs and projects.

    Thomas and Karen Bond Instrumental Music Fund
    Established in 1999 by Tom and Karen Bond, former Woodberry master and his wife, to enhance and strengthen the instrumental music program.

    Boyer-Turner Fund
    Established in 2005 by Dr. Ulysses G. “Jim” Turner ’55, in memory of his mother, grandmother, and twin brother, Julian B. Turner ’55, to support graphic arts.

    Rev. Wm. Hill Brown III '55, Chapel Music Fund 
    Established in 2011 by Thomas S. Kenan III ’55, in honor of his roommate and longtime friend, Rev. Wm. Hill Brown III '55, to support an annual organ recital on the Kenan Fisk Organ in St. Andrew’s Chapel.  

    Red and Cathy Caughron Athletic Fund
    Established in 1991 by alumni, parents, and friends to support athletics.

    Christian Family Fund
    Established in 2007 by Bruce and Spas Christian, parents of Harrison ’05, to support the faculty and the cycling program.

    Class of 1954 Library Fund 
    Established in 2004 as a fiftieth-reunion gift to support the William H. White Jr. Library and its information services.

    Class of 1956 Technology Fund
    Established in 2006 by the Class of 1956 as a fiftieth-reunion gift to support information technology.

    Class of 2008 Community Service Fund 
    Established in 2008 by parents of the class to support summer community service projects for students.

    Dr. David Y. Cooper III '43 Science Fund
    Established in 2013 by Dr. David Y. Cooper to support the science program.  

    Copen Family Fund for Public Speaking and Debate
    Established in 1996 by Noel and Berridge Copen and their son, Mark ’91, to support public speaking and debate.

    Edward Dorsey Service Fund
    Established in 1999 by Murphy Evans ’50, in honor of “Big Ed” Dorsey, a thirty-year member of the staff, to support the community service program.

    Leon S. Dure III '48 Gift Fund
    Established in 1997 by Leon S. Dure ’48 to support the faculty or academic programs.

    Endowed Chaplain's Fund
    Established in 2003 by an anonymous donor to support the work of the chaplain.

    Endowed Lectureship
    Established in 1968 by Robert W. Bogue, father of Robert ’62 and Richard ’67, to support the lecture series.

    The Hans B. and Catherine H. Engelmann Fund
    Established by Mark Engelmann ’72 in 2012, in memory of his parents, to support faculty salaries for study abroad programs.

    Fitzpatrick Lecture Series
    Established in 1973 by Francis and William H. Fitzpatrick, parents of Whitfield ’60, Peter ’64, Vaughan ’67, and James ’74, and grandparents of Gustave ’93 and Fletcher ’98 , to support an annual lectureship.

    William Langley Granbery Fund
    Established in 1989 by the William Langley Granbery Trust to support Christian programs.

    The Joe And Marge Grills Fund For The Study Of The American Constitution And Government 
    Established in 2012 by Mr. and Mrs. Joe Grills to support the history department and to further the study of the American Constitution and government by the students and the faculty.

    James G. Hanes 1905 Library Fund Established in 1984 by the James G. Hanes Foundation.

    Headmaster's Leadership Fund Established in 1999 by T. Ballard Morton, Jr.’50, to support leadership development programs and related projects.
    
    Hull Family Fund
    Established in 2007 by J. Mitchell Hull '77, to support the golf program.

    Thomas S. Kenan III '55 Guest Artists Fund
    Established in 1998 by Thomas S. Kenan III ’55 and the William R. Kenan Charitable Trust to support guest musicians and other artists.

    The Christopher C. '89 and Robert (Jay) '96 Kleberg Leadership Fund Established in 1996 by Tio and Janell Kleberg ,in honor of their sons, to support leadership development programs and related projects.

    Nancy and J. Curtis Lewis Jr. '44 Christian Mission Fund
    Established in 2003 by Nancy and Curtis Lewis ’44 , former trustee, to support Christian programs and activities.

    MacKenzie International Studies Program
    Established in 1997 through gifts made in honor of Richard and Wendy MacKenzie, founders of the Woodberry-in-Britain Program, and augmented in 2006 by Sally and Russell Robinson ’50, to support international studies.

    Mothers' Fund
    Established in 1998 by John S. Steele ’67, and his sons, Shelton, ’97, Mac ’00, and James ’04, in memory of their mother, Amy Steele, as a common fund for gifts made in honor or in memory of Woodberry mothers to provide discretionary funds for the headmaster’s wife to meet student needs.

    James M. Myers Jr. '72 Library Fund
    Established in 1995 to support the acquisition of books.

    Noland Distinguished Visitors Program
    Established in 2007 to support noted scholars, business leaders, and public servants on campus as leaders-in-residence.

    Noland Summer Fellowship Program
    Established in 1997 by gifts from the Noland Memorial Foundation in honor of Lloyd U. Noland, Jr.

    Richard Fuller Patterson '34 Book Fund
    Established in 1974 by bequest of Mattie Handy in memory of her son.

    Henry E. Payne III '53 Science Fund
    Established in 2009 by bequest to support the science department.

    William G. Tennille III '62 Fund
    Established in 2008 by bequest to support the English department. 

    G. Joseph  Vining '55 Library Fund
    Established in 2010 by Thomas S. Kenan III '55, to support library acquisitions.

    Wafle Family Art Fund
    Established in 1997 by Ben and Kitty Wafle, parents of Nick ’94, to support visual arts.

    Wainer Chapel Fund
    Established in 1994 by David S. Wainer, Jr. ’55, to support the Christian mission.

    J. Carter Walker Fine Arts Center Wood Shop Fund
    Established by John E. Lee ’50, to support the wood shop.

    Wheat First International Studies Fund Established in 1997 by Wheat First Butcher Singer Foundation to support summer foreign studies programs.

    Watson Fund For Leadership And Life Skills Development
    Established in 2008 by J. Edward Watson III '67 to support the establishment of a leadership and life skills curriculum. 

    White Family Artist-in-Residence Program
    Established in 2010 by Gail and Frayser F. White III, and their sons, Kip '99 and Grant '00, to support visiting writers and visual artists.

    William H. White Jr. '20 Library Fund
    Established in 1955 by Mr. and Mrs. William H. White, Jr., members of their family, and the Class of 1900.

    Paul R. Wickliffe Jr. '43 Music Fund
    Established in 2008 to support the music program.

    Chris Wilson '90 Golf Fund
    Established by Pat and Tylee Wilson, in honor of their son, to support the golf team.

    Harriett Witt Library Fund
    Established in 1969 as Woodberry's first charitable remainder trust by the mother of Mrs. A. Baker Duncan '45. 

    Woodberry Fine Arts Fund
    Established in 1998 by the Micawber Foundation, in memory of Dean Brown ’54, to support photography and visual arts.

List of 1 items.

  • New Funds

    Paisley Boney III '45 Memorial Scholarship Fund

    Dennis and Leesa Campbell Scholarship Fund

    Class of 1964 Scholarship Fund

    Dr. David Y. Cooper III '43 Science Fund

    Rebecca and Dr. D. Gwynn Davis, Jr. Scholarship Fund

    John R. Flowerree '99 Cross Country Award

    Blair C. Gammon '44 Scholarship Fund
     
    Paul C.P. McIlhenny '62 Scholarship Fund

    Harriet Craigie van Houten Fund




List of 1 items.

  • Endowed Faculty Chairs

    James C. Ambler Jr. '57 Chair of English
    Established in 1964 by James C. Ambler, Sr., in honor of his son, James C. Ambler, Jr. ’57.
    Current chair holder: W. Edward Blain.

    Camp Family Chair
    Established in 1983 by thirty-five members of the Camp family who attended Woodberry, and by associated Camp family foundations.
    Current chair holder: Matthew C. Boesen.

    Leonard W. Dick Chair
    Established in 1967 by Nancy and David H. Rankin ’40, the estate of Mary B. Shipley, the Class of 1950, and gifts in memory of Mr. Dick, a member of the faculty from 1924 to 1974.
    Current chair holder: Paul A. Vickers.

    Frances and Baker Duncan 1911 Chair
    Established in 1967 by members of the Duncan family in memory of A. Baker Duncan ’11 and his wife, Frances.
    Current chair holder: Robert J. Kendall.

    Harry and William Frazier Chair
    Established in 1980 by members of the Frazier family and the Class of 1908 in memory of Harry Frazier, Jr., Class of 1906, and his brother, William Frazier, Class of 1908.
    Current chair holder: Richard F. Barnhardt '66.

    Bowman Gray III '56 Chair
    Established in 1986 by the board of trustees in memory of Bowman Gray III ’56 through gifts from Mrs. Bowman Gray III, Coleman C. Walker ’20, C. Carter Walker ’52, the estate of Gordon Gray ’26, family, and friends.
    Current chair holder: Paul S. Huber III ’68.

    Independence Foundation Chair
    Established in 1966 as the school’s first endowed faculty chair by a grant from the Independence Foundation, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
    Current chair holder: John C. Reimers.

    Arthur Latham Chair
    Established in 1967 by Gordon Hanes ’33, Eldridge C. Hanes ’63, the James G. Hanes Memorial Fund, and others, in memory of Arthur Latham, a member of the faculty from 1929 to 1967.
    Current chair holder: Marcus A. Hogan.

    Lawrence Lewis Jr. '37 Chair
    Established in 1998 by the Flagler Foundation in memory of Lawrence Lewis ’37, former trustee and recipient of the Distinguished Service Award.
    Current chair holder: Thomas J. Parker.

    William Leland Lord Chair of Mathematics
    Established in 1956 by the board of trustees through gifts from Mr. and Mrs. Coleman C. Walker ’20 in memory of Leland Lord, a member of the faculty from 1916 to 1953.
    Current chair holder: W. David McRae.

    Rogers C. B. Morton '33 Chair
    Established in 1978 by the board of trustees through gifts of family and friends in memory of the former United States Representative and Secretary of the Interior.
    Current chair holder: Karen E. Jordan.

    Fillmore Norfleet Chair
    Established in 2000 by Harry Frazier III ’46 in memory of Fillmore Norfleet, a member of the faculty from 1941 to 1968.
    Current chair holder: Stephen B. Culbertson.

    Henry E. Payne Jr. '30 Chair of Science Established as a mastership in 1978 by Priscilla Payne and Henry E. Payne III ’53 in memory of their husband and father, a trustee from 1963 to 1971.
    Current chair holder: James D. Reid.

    J. Sargeant Reynolds '54 Chair of Government
    Established in 1971 by Virginia and Richard S. Reynolds, Jr., Richard S. Reynolds III ’52, the Richard S. Reynolds Foundation, and family and friends, in memory of the 1954 Senior Prefect and former Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.
    Current chair holder: Frederick W. Jordan.

    Peter B. '24 and Adeline W. Ruffin Foundation Chair
    Established in 2009 by the Peter B. & Adeline W. Ruffin Foundation.

    Randall B. Terry Jr. '53 Chair
    Established in 2010 by the Randall B. Terry '53 Charitable Foundation in memory of the former trustee and winner of the Distinguished Service Award.

    Robert F. Vasquez Chair
    Established in 1986 by Elizabeth G. Lindsay in honor of Robert F. Vasquez, a member of the faculty from 1961 to 1999.
    Current chair holder: Ben C. Hale.

    J. Carter Walker 1894 Chair
    Established in 1980 by Eli W. Tullis ’46 in memory of the school’s first headmaster.
    Current chair holder: Dennis M. Campbell.

List of 1 items.

  • Endowed Faculty Enrichment Funds

    Class of 1955 Faculty Enrichment Fund
    Established in 2005 by the Class of 1955 to support professional development.

    Walter Williams Craigie Teaching Endowment
    Established in 1983 by Helen and Walter W. Craigie, Sr. ’22, through a charitable lead trust, to support the pursuit of graduate degrees through the Craigie Scholars Program.

    Frank A. Daniels Jr. '49 Fund
    Established in 1998 by Frank A. Daniels, Jr. ’49, former CEO and publisher of the Raleigh News & Observer, to support information technology.

    Nathaniel A. Jobe Fund
    Established in 2005 by Chris and Jim Smith, parents of Trace '06 and Cooper '08,  in honor of the longtime history teacher, to support professional development for the history department.

    Lineberger Faculty Development Fund
    Established in 1984 by J. Harold Lineberger ’22, Joseph W. Lineberger ’29, and the Lineberger Foundation, to support professional development.

    Peter D. and Phyllis S. Pruden Faculty Sabbatical Fund
    Established in 2011 by Phyllis S. Pruden to support faculty sabbaticals.

List of 1 items.

  • Plant and Maintenance Funds

    Bailey Family Faculty Residence Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2005 by Laura and James J. Bailey III, parents of James ’94, Robert ’02, and Prescott ’04.

    Barr House Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2012 in memory of Elizabeth Manning "Bet" Barr by her husband Charles E. Loizeaux, Jr. '42. 

    Class of 2005 Faculty Residence Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2005 by parents and grandparents of the class.

    Class of 2007 Faculty Residence Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2007 by parents and grandparents of the class.

    Class of 2009 Faculty Residence Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2009 by parents and grandparents of the class.

    Richard C. Glover ’61 Fitness Center Maintenance Fund
    Established in 1998 by Pat and Walter Dunnington, Jr. ’44, and the Seth Sprague Foundation.

    John Marshall ’30 House Maintenance Fund
    Established in 1967 by bequest.

    Murrell Baseball Field Maintenance Fund
    Established in 1997 by Bill and Page Murrell Woltz, to support the Thomas W. Murrell Jr. ’34 Baseball Field.

    Robert C. and Eunice Jerome Rapp House Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2010 by Robert C. Rapp, Jr. '44, in memory of his parents.

    Randall B. Terry Jr. ’53 House Maintenance Fund
    Established in 2001 by the Randall B. Terry Charitable Foundation.

    Eli W. Tullis ’46 Maintenance Fund
    Established in 1992 by Eli W. Tullis ’46 to support the L. W. Dick Trophy Room, the Norfleet Archives Room, and the Virginia Snead Garden.

    Harriet Craigie van Houten Fund
    Established in 2013 by a bequest from Harriet Craigie van Houten to improve and maintain the gardens at The Residence.  

    Walker Building Maintenance Fund
    Established in 1998 by Evelyn Maxwell in memory of her husband, Richards D. Maxwell, Jr. ’29, and her son, Richards D. Maxwell III ’59.

    J. Carter Walker Fine Arts Center Maintenance Fund
    Established in 1965 by bequest of Violet and Joseph G. Walker, Class of 1892.


List of 1 items.

  • Endowed Faculty Masterships

    Orin E. Atkins Mastership
    Established in 1981 by Charles A. Atkins ’72 and Randall W. Atkins ’70, in honor of their father, to support instruction in business, economics, and finance.
    Current master: C. Randolph Hudgins III '71. 

    Bernard Mastership 
    Established in 2011 by Ellen and Ed Bernard '73.  

    Harry W. "Red" and Cathy Caughron Mastership
    Established in 1998 by Charlotte Pipe & Foundry Company in honor of Edward H. Hardison ’51, former trustee and recipient of the Distinguished Service Award.
    Current master: Timothy P. Stakem.

    R. Thurmond Chatham 1915 Mastership
    Established in 1967 by the Chatham Foundation, Richard T. Chatham, Jr. ’44, and Hugh G. Chatham ’38, in memory of their father, a trustee from 1937 to 1942.
    Current master: H.S. Graham McBride.

    Class of 2010 Mastership
    Established in 2010 by parents and grandparents of the class.
    Current master: Matthew R. Keating.

    Beese and Walter W. Craigie '48 Mastership
    Established in 2007 by Beese and Walter Craigie '48 to support the creation of a mastership.

    William Stamps Farish Mastership of History
    Established in 1965 by Libbie Rice Farish, in memory of her husband, through gifts from the William Stamps Farish Fund.
    Current master: Steven G. Stancill '74. 

    Fondren Foundation Mastership
    Established in 1996 by the Fondren Foundation, in honor of David M. Underwood, Jr. ’84, through a $250,000 challenge grant met by Woodberry alumni and friends in Texas and elsewhere.
    Current master: Eric N. Chafin.

    William A. Hazel Family Mastership
    Established in 1987 by William A. Hazel, former trustee and father of Bill '74, David ’84, and Danny ’86. 
    Current master: Michael L. Szydlowski.

    J. Curtis Lewis Jr. '44 Chaplaincy
    Established in 2010 by the family of J. Curtis Lewis, Jr. '44.
    Current master: Rev. Dr. David H. Smith.

    Lipe Family Mastership
    Established in 1995 by Carmie and Joseph A. Lipe '63.
    Current master: Greg C. Jacobs.

    Virginia B. and Joseph M. Mercer 1924 Mastership of Art
    Established in 1981 by the board of trustees in memory of the school’s third headmaster.
    Current master: Harry C. Lonergan.

    Albert C. and Nan Gray Monk Mastership
    Established in 1998 by the bequest of Mrs. Gray Poole Atkins, in honor of her daughter, Nan Gray, and son-in-law, Albert C. Monk III ’57.
    Current master: Brent A. Cirves.

    Preyer Mastership for Fine Arts
    Established in 1996 by L. Richardson Preyer, Jr. ’66.
    Current master: Wallace P. Hornady.

    John T. Thompson Jr. '95 Memorial Mastership
    Established in 1996 by Audrey and Nicholas G. Wilson III ’48 and Catherine and J. Timothy Thompson, in memory of their grandson and son to support Latin instruction. Current master: Donald R. Brewster.

    Edwin Craig Wall Jr. Family Mastership
    Established in 1996 by Judith and E. Craig Wall, Jr., E. Craig Wall III ’88, and Benjamin R. Wall II ’94, in honor of Richard Glover.
    Current master: Joseph G. Coleman '79.

    William H. White Jr. 1900 Mastership
    Established in 1968 by Mrs. William H. White, Jr., and William H. White III ’45.
    Current master: Jean B. Davenport.


List of 1 items.

  • General Endowment Funds

    Anonymous Fund
    Established in 1992 by an anonymous donor.

    C. Fred Chambers '35 Gift Fund
    Established in 1975 by C. Fred Chambers ’35.

    W. Frank Dowd Jr. '45 Fund
    Established in 2005 by W. Frank Dowd, Jr. ’45.

    J. B. Dyer '25 Fund
    Established in 1954 by James B. Dyer ’25.

    W. Frank Evans '36 Fund
    Established in 2004 by W. Frank Evans ’36.

    General Endowment Fund
    Established in 1989 as a common fund for unrestricted endowment gifts.

    Ike B. Grainger '13 Fund
    Established in 1995 by Union Electric and Chemical Banking Corp in honor of Ike B. Grainger ’13.

    Edmund K. Gravely '38 Memorial Fund
    Established in 1983 by Miss Tim Sirimonkol, a friend of Peyton K. Gravely ’69, in memory of his father.

    Gordon Gray '26 Fund
    Established in 1982 by the Honorable Gordon Gray, former secretary of the Army and first chairman of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

    Robert March Hanes 1907 Fund
    Established in 1986 by Frank B. Hanes ’38 and F. Borden Hanes, Jr. ’63, in memory of their father and grandfather.

    John W. Harris '65 Fund
    Established in 1995 by John W. Harris ’65.

    Hayes Holderness Family Fund
    Established in 2007 by Cherie and Hayes Holderness '76, parents of Hayes '02, Henry '04, and Murphy '08.

    Sara and Jack Hollan '66 Fund
    Established in 1997 by Sara and John K. Hollan ’66.
    
    Hornor Family Fund
    Established in 1998 by bequest of Carroll G. Hornor ’39, son of Aurelius Hornor 1908.

    Coleman A. and Emily S. Hunter Fund
    Established in 1985 by the Coleman A. and Emily Hunter Trust.

    Corbin B. and William S. Judkins '38 Fund
    Established in 2006 by bequest. 

    Peter A. Larkin Jr. '74 Gift Fund
    Established in 1997 by Peter A. Larkin ’74.

    Richard H. Lewis, Jr. '31 Fund
    Established in 1997 by a bequest in honor of  Rawleigh W. D. Taylor, a member of the faculty from 1909 1949.

    Elizabeth and Douglas D. Monroe III '74 Amici Gift Fund
    Established in 2010 by Beth and Doug Monroe to support the Amici Fund.

    George E. N. Montague '41 Family Fund 
    Established in 2006 by bequest of  George Montague ’41, father of Buck ’72 and Bob’74, and grandfather of Eli ’04.

    Peter D. and Phyllis S. Pruden Amici Gift Fund 
    Established in 2007 by Phyllis S. Pruden to support the Amici Fund.

    John E. Ray 3rd '38 Fund
    Established in 2005 by bequest.

    Ann and Browne B. Rice Jr. '41 Family Fund
    Established in 2006 by bequest.

    Walter S. Robertson Jr. '45 Fund
    Established in 2008 by bequest.

    William R. Seaton '45 Amici Gift Fund
    Established in 1999 by William Seaton ’45 in support of the Amici Fund.

    Marsha and Jack Slane '47 Fund for Excellence
    Established in 2007 by Marsha and Jack Slane ’47.

    Tankersley Family Gift Fund
    Established in 1996 by Jack Tankersley ’68.

    T. Henry Wilson Jr. '47 Fund
    Established in 1991 by T. Henry Wilson Jr. '47.

List of 1 items.

  • Endowed Scholarship Funds

    Alumni Challenge Cup Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1999 by proceeds from the annual Alumni  Challenge Cup golf tournament between alumni of WFS and EHS.

    Alumni Memorial Scholarship Fund
    A common endowment funded by gifts in memory of alumni.

    Janie and Billy Armfield '52 Financial Aid Fund
    Established in 2002 by Janie and Billy Armfield ’52 in support of supplemental spending for financial aid recipients.

    S. Pope Babcock '92 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1996 by Anne and Bruce M. Babcock ’58, in memory of their son, and by gifts from other family members and friends, to support summer foreign studies programs.

    Bailey Family Fund
    Established in 2000 by Laura and James J. Bailey III, parents of James IV ’94, Robert ’02, and Prescott ’04, to support summer programs and projects.

    Edward L. Baker '53 and John D. Baker III '03 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2008 by Edward L. Baker '53. 

    Harry Barbee Jr. '47 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2009 by the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust.

    Harriet and Bill Barnhardt '46 Scholarship Fund 
    Established in 2006 by Harriet and Bill Barnhardt ’46.

    Barnhardt Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1996 by Mabel and John J. Barnhardt, Jr. '38, parents of John III '63 and Richard '66. 

    Betsy Boney Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1994 by the Hillsdale Fund, Sion A. Boney, Jr., and his sons, Sion III ’74 and Martin ’85, in memory of their mother.

    Borden Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2007 by Edwin B. Borden, Jr. '52, father of Lee '78, Martin '83, and grandfather of Will '11, Edwin '12, and Charles '15.


    E. DeLong Bowman '30 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1979 by E. DeLong Bowman ’30.

    Janie and Alexander Boyd ’43 Fund
    Established in 2012 through a bequest.  

    F. Cooper Brantley '66 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1992 by F. Cooper Brantley ’66.

    Bratton Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1999 by the Wake Stone Corporation.

    Robin W. A. Bredin Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1979 by gifts made in memory of the former Woodberry master, a member of the faculty from 1968 to 1979.

    Brothers' Fund
    Established in 1995 by Sally Kleberg, her sons, Ben Espy ’87 and Thomas Espy ’90, and their great-aunt, Elizabeth Espy Hooks, to provide financial aid to alumni brothers or cousins.

    Sara Shallenberger Brown International Studies Fund
    Established in 1997 by W. L. Lyons Brown, Jr. Charitable Foundation and Lee Brown, Jr., in honor of his mother to support foreign study

    Thomas Rush Brown Jr. '43 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2003 by Sarah B. Smallhouse and Mary B. Brown, in memory of their father, through the Thomas R. Brown Family Foundation.

    Dr. Kurt S. Bucholz Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2007 by Laura L. Bucholz and the Gretchen Swanson Family Foundation. 

    Julian T. Buxton Jr. '46 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2004 by friends and classmates.

    Camp Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1999 by the Camp-Younts Foundation.

    Dennis and Leesa Campbell Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2014 by William Alden '42, Jr. in honor of the Campbell's extraordinary dedication to Woodberry Forest School.  

    Caughron Sports Camp Scholarship Fund 
    Established in 2003 by W. Kenan Poole ’83 and E. Ashton Poole ’85 to provide financial assistance for sports campers.

    Caughron Sports Camp Scholarship Fund - Charlotte Area
    Established in 2009 by the Charlotte Regional Alumni Association to provide financial assistance for sports campers from the greater Charlotte, North Carolina, area.

    Caughron Sports Camp Scholarship Fund-Richmond Area
    Established in 2006 by Wallace Stettinius ’51 and his daughter and son-in-law, Beth and Douglas D. Monroe III '74, to provide financial assistance for sports campers from the greater Richmond, Virginia area.

    Class of 1957 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2006 as a fiftieth-reunion gift.

    Class of 1958 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2008 as a fiftieth-reunion gift.

    Class of 1959 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2009 as a fiftieth-reunion gift.

    Class of 1960 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2009 as a fiftieth-reunion gift

    Class of 1964 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2014 as a fiftieth-reunion gift from members of the Class of 1964 in memory of their deceased classmates.

    Class of 1991 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2001 as a tenth-reunion gift. 

    Class of 2012 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2012 as a Senior Parent Gift.

    Clayton Fund Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2008 by the Clayton Fund of Houston, Texas. 

    Col. Charles W. Cocke '26 and Medora Ford Cocke Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2007 through a bequest. 

    Coker Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1989 by Charles Coker ’51 and FitzLee Coker ’54.

    Edward W. Cook Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2005 by bequest of Edward W. Cook and by Everett R. Cook II '69.

    Beese and Walter Craigie '48 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2007 by Beese and Walter Craigie ’48. 

    Thomas F. Darden II '73 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1994 by Thomas F. Darden II '73 to support supplemental spending needs of financial aid recipients.

    John C. Daughtridge Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2005 by bequest. 

    Rebecca and Dr. D. Gwynn Davis, Jr. Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2014 by Benjamin H. Davis '89 in honor of his parents.  

    David H. Dickie and Leonard W. Dick Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1991 by F. Alice Bishopric in honor of her husband, Dr. J. Kirk Dickie ’72, and Leonard W. Dick, a member of the faculty from 1924 to 1974.

    Faith and Charles Duffy '29 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1993 through the Duffy Family Trust.

    A. Baker Duncan '45 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2001 by James M. Myers, Jr. ’72, in honor of the former headmaster who served from 1962 to 1970.

    Walter G. Dunnington Jr. '44 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2000 by Patricia M. Dunnington and the Seth Sprague Foundation.

    Jessie B. duPont Scholarship Fund 
    Established in 1956 by Mrs. Alfred duPont and the Jessie Ball duPont Fund. 

    Evans Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1969 by E. Hervey Evans and his four sons, Hervey, Jr. ’43, John ’47, McNair ’48, and Murphy ’50. 

    McNair Evans '48 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2000 by classmates, family, and friends.

    Thomas M.  Evins '32 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1992 by Thomas M. Evins, Jr. ’57, in memory of his father.

    James S. Ficklen Jr. '42 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 2008 by June Ficklen in memory of her husband.

    Sandy Finch '75 Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1998 by Sandy Finch ’75

    Thomas A. Finch '40 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1959 by Thomas A. Finch, Jr. '40, and the Thomas A. Finch Jr. Foundation.

    Herbert '45 and Harvie '49 Fitzgerald Scholarship Fund Established in 1997 by the Community Foundation.

    T. David Fitz-Gibbon Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1998 by the T. David Fitz-Gibbon Charitable Trust.

    Peter B. Fitzpatrick '64 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1995 by family and friends of the 1964 senior prefect.

    Frazier Family Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1959 by Mr. and Mrs. Harry Frazier, Jr., their son Harry III ’46, and the Class of 1906.

    Harry Frazier Jr. 1906 Memorial Scholarship Fund
    Established in 1971 by the family of Harry Frazier, Jr., of the Class of 1906.

    Paul Funkhouser '41 Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1996 by Paul Funkhouser ’41.

    Blair C. Gammon '44 Scholarship Fund Established in 2014 by Janie and William J. Armfield IV '52, and Jean and Robert C. Rapp, Jr. '44.

    Milton C. Gee Jr. '56 Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2007 by Milton C. Gee, Jr. '56.
    
    General Scholarship Fund Established in 1933 as a common scholarship fund.
    Goetzenberger Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2005 by Gale and Bill Goetzenberger ’79.

    Michael C. Goss '00 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2000 by classmates, family, and friends and augmented with proceeds from an annual golf tournament.

    M. Anthony Gould '60 Scholarship Fund Established in 1993 by Nancy and Tony Gould ’60.

    Charles M. and Mary D. Grant Foundation Scholarship Fund Established in 1969 by the Charles M. and Mary D. Grant Foundation.

    Bowman Gray '25 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1970 by bequest and by gifts in memory of Bowman A. Gray ’25.

    Horace A. Gray Jr. '28 Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1978 by  bequest of Mrs. Horace A. Gray in memory of her son, Horace A. Gray, Jr. ’28, and his family.

    Griffin Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1989 by Betty and Clarence A. Griffin, Jr., parents of Clarence III ’60 and Haynes ’65; and grandparents of Jeffrey ’87, Jason ’92, Carter ’98, and Ruffin ’00.

    William M. Hahn '68 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1997 by Peggy and T. Marshall Hahn, Jr., in memory of their son.

    James G. Hanes 1905 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1981 by the James G. Hanes Memorial Fund in memory of the former trustee who served from 1926 to 1940.

    W. Hardy Hendren Jr. '16 Scholarship Fund Established in 1979 by bequest of W. Hardy Hendren, Jr., and by gifts from Eleanor and Hardy Hendren III ’43.

    Eleanor and Hardy Hendren '43 Scholarship Fund Established in 2008 by Dr. and Mrs. W. Hardy Hendren III '43. 

    Douglas S. Holladay Sr. '27 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1998 by Christine P.S. Holladay, Douglas S. Holladay, Jr. '65, and James C.S. Holladay '72 to support the financial aid program.

    Henry Thompson Holladay Scholarship Fund Established in 1955 by Harriett M. Holladay in memory of her husband, a member of the faculty from 1953 to 1954.

    Paul S. Huber Jr. '40 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2009 by Mrs. Paul S. Huber, Jr., Paul S. Huber III '68, and Pater M. Huber '71. 

    Hudgins Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1994 by Wilda and Bill Hudgins '68 to support the financial aid program.

    Robert Fletcher Irwin 1904 Scholarship Fund Established in 1971 by  bequest of Frances Littlepage Irwin in memory of her husband.

    Harry Alexis Jones Joyce Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1988 by the Joyce Foundation.

    Frank Hawkins Kenan '31 and Lawrence Lewis Jr. '37 Scholarship Fund Established in 1998 by the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust.

    Julius B. Laramore Scholarship Fund Established in 1980 by bequest of Julius B. Laramore, a member of the faculty.

    John E. Lee '50 Scholarship Fund Established in 2000 by John E. Lee ’50.

    Lewis-Patton Scholarship Fund Established in 2000 by Janet Patton Lewis in memory of her husband, Lawrence Lewis, Jr. ’37, and her father, James D. Patton, Jr., of the Class of 1911, and in honor of her brother James D. Patton III ’40, his son, James D. Patton IV ’74, and her grandson, Lawrence Lewis Gray ’82.

    William D. Lillard '38 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1998 by bequest.

    Charles E. Loizeaux Jr. '42 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2012 by a bequest.

    Lindsay Family Fund Established in 2012 by Elizabeth G. Lindsay.

    Mary Lou Moring and Dail W. Longaker '47 Scholarship Fund Established in 2007 by Mary Lou and Dail Longaker ’47.

    Cordia Luck Long Scholarship Fund  Established in 2012 by Ronald C. Long ’73, Robert E. Long ’75, and Damien R. Dwin ’93.   

    Lummis Family Scholarship Established in 2009 by Claudia and Fred Lummis '71. 

    Edwin Malloy Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1968 by the Malloy Foundation and W. Manning Malloy ’41 in memory of his father.

    S. Blount Mason Jr. 1901 Memorial  Scholarship Fund Established in 1969 by bequest.

    Warren Lee Matthews Scholarship Fund Established in 2008 by the family of Warren Lee Matthews, father of Graham W. Matthews '93. 

    Paul C.P. McIlhenny '62 Scholarship Fund Established in 2013 by the Gustaf Westfeldt McIlhenny Family Foundation and members of the family.

    Meares Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2010 by the Carl Whitten Meares Foundation, Inc. to support the financial aid program.

    Joseph M. Mercer '24 Scholarship Fund Established in 1962 by John A. Stillwell ’45, in honor of the school’s third headmaster, who served from 1953 to 1962.

    Monk Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1988 by A. C. Monk, Jr., Albert C. Monk III ’57, William C. Monk ’44, and Robert T. Monk, Jr. ’66.

    Robert T. Monk Jr. '66 and Suellen G. Monk Scholarship Fund Established in 2005 by Suellen and Robert T. Monk, Jr. ’66.

    Mary Ellen and Harry S. Moore '46 Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2009 by Mary Ellen and Harry Moore '46. 

    Frank Fisher Mountcastle '22 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2007 by Frank Mountcastle, Jr. ’51, and his sister, Ann Blechta, in memory of their father.

    Thomas Newman VI '19 and Mary Taylor Robertson Scholarship Fund Established in 2006 by the Roy R. Charles Charitable Trust in memory of Thomas Newman VI and Mary Taylor Robertson.

    Fillmore Norfleet Scholarship Fund Established in 1981 by an anonymous alumnus and by Elizabeth C. Norfleet in memory of her husband, a member of the faculty from 1941 to 1968.

    O'Connor Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1997 by Ralph S. O’Connor and his son, George R. O’Connor ’70.

    Frank Q. O'Neill Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1965 by bequest.

    Martin A. Palmer '42 Scholarship Fund Established in 2010 by bequest. 

    R. Fuller Patterson '34 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1942 by Mrs. Henry Handy in memory of her son, the first alumnus to lose his life in World War II.

    Richard B. Payne '35 Scholarship Fund Established in 2000 by members of the Payne family and friends.

    Robert M. Payne '53 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1968 by Ralph S. Robinson ’53 and other members of the Class of 1953.

    Angus E. Peyton '44 Scholarship Fund Established in 2009 by bequest and by Mrs. Nina Peyton in memory of her husband. 

    Robert C. and Eunice Jerome Rapp Scholarship Fund Established in 1983 by Robert C. Rapp, Jr. ’44, in memory of his parents.

    Reader's Digest Scholarship Fund Established in 1978 by the DeWitt Wallace Fund, Inc.

    L. Bagley Reid '55 Scholarship Fund Established in 1968 by L. Bagley Reid ’55.

    Michael M. Reily '60 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1964 by family and friends in memory of the 1960 senior prefect.

    John C. Reimers Jr. Scholarship Fund Established in 2005 by Laura and Blair Woodall, and supplemented by gifts from Lynda and David Underwood and their son, David Underwood ’84, in honor of John Reimers, a member of the faculty since 1972.

    E. Addison Rennolds 1903 Scholarship Fund Established in 1968 by the Rennolds family of Richmond, Virginia, in memory of E. Addison Rennolds, of the Class of 1903.

    Robert L. Rogers Scholarship Fund  Established in 1966 by the Sarah Graham Kenan Foundation, in honor of Robert L. Rogers, a member of the faculty from 1926 to 1941 and 1946 to 1966.

    Roper Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2006 by Kathy and Robert P. Roper, Jr. ’64, parents of Robert III ’86.

    George Kinsey and Marilyn Bell Roper Memorial Scholarship Fund  Established in 1982 by Marilyn K. Roper, in memory of her husband, and by other family members and friends.

    Peter Browne Ruffin '24 Scholarship Fund Established in 1996 by the Peter B. and Adeline W. Ruffin Foundation.

    Ida Lee Rust Scholarship Fund Established in 1953 by S. Murray Rust of the Class of 1897 and his family, in memory of his mother.

    John Angier Satterfield '33 Scholarship Fund Established in 2008 by F. Claiborne Johnston III '96 in honor of his grandfather.

    G. Randolph Scott '17 Scholarship Fund Established in 1970 by G. Randolph Scott ’17.

    A. Colquitt '46 and Leslie M. Shackelford Scholarship Fund Established in 2009 by Lilian and D.B. Murray.

    Simon C. Sitterson IV '03 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2004 by Simon C. Sitterson III ’65, in memory of his son, and by other family members and friends.

    Morton Irvine Smith '83 Scholarship Fund Established in 1991 by Mrs. Athalie R. Clarke in honor of her grandson.

    R. Cathcart and Nancy A. Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2004, by bequest of R. Cathcart and Nancy Smith, in honor of their grandsons R. Blake Lovelace ’94, Macon B.Lovelace ’97, Robert C. Smith III ’96, and Nathaniel A. Smith ’99.

    Sterling Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2000 by Sara and Peter Sterling, parents of Philip ’01.

    Stone Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1992 by Jerry F. Stone, Jr. ’51, father of Perry H. Stone ’79.

    S. Bobo Tanner III '45 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1995 by the Tanner family and the Class of 1945.

    Evelyn and Rawleigh W.D. Taylor Jr. '38  Scholarship Fund Established in 1958 by Alvin H. Howard ’35 in memory of Rawleigh Taylor, a member of the faculty from 1909 to 1948, and his wife, alumni secretary from 1931 to 1958.

    Randall B. Terry Jr. '53  Headmaster Scholarship Fund Established in 1992 by Mrs. C. H. Lockwood in honor of her son.

    Randall B. Terry Jr. '53 Regional High Point Scholarship Fund Established in 1999 by the Randall B. Terry Jr. Charitable Foundation.

    Thomas Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2006 by Jennifer B. and Owen D. Thomas '79.

    Tilman Family Scholarship Fund Established in 1999 by G. McNeir Tilman '59.

    Gregory D. Tolzmann '00 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2000 by Ann and Leslie B. Disharoon, in memory of their grandson, and by other family members and friends.

    Mabel H. Toms Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2004 by May H. Toms in memory of her mother, and by other members of the Toms family.

    Hamp Townsend Scholarship Fund  Established in 2011 by classmates and friends to honor Hamp Townsend '69.

    Deborah and Eli Tullis '46 Scholarship Fund Established in 1990 by Deborah and Eli W. Tullis '46.

    David M. Underwood Jr. '84 Established in 1991 by David M. Underwood and his son, David M. Underwood, Jr. ’84.

    C. Braxton Valentine '15 Scholarship Fund Established in 1963 by Ida and C. Braxton Valentine ’15 and their sons, Henry L. Valentine II ’45 and E. Massie Valentine ’52.

    Van Dorsten/King Scholarship Fund Established in 1997 by Elizabeth and J. William Van Dorsten in honor of their grandsons, Graham Van Dorsten King ’96 and John William Van Dorsten.

    Anne Carter Walker Scholarship Fund Established in 1959 by Frank S. Walker of the Class of 1903 in memory of his mother.

    John Scott Walker 1897 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1965 by Marie W. Gregory in memory of her father.

    Marguerite Alden Walker Scholarship Fund Established in 1955 by Marie W. Gregory and her son, John W. Gregory ’67, in memory of her mother.

    Captain Robert S. Walker Scholarship Fund Established in 1962 by Frank S. Walker of the Class of 1903, in memory of his father.

    H. Ewing Wall Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2008 by the H. Ewing Wall Jr. Foundation. 

    R. Dwight Ware Jr. '42 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1962 by Dr. and Mrs. Dwight Ware and their sons, John Ware ’42 and James G. Ware ’46, in memory of their son and brother.

    Lt. Col. William R. Watkins III '84 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 2003 by family, classmates, and friends in memory of Bill Watkins ’84, who was killed in action in Iraq.

    B. Ayers Watson '52 Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1977 by Mrs. Forrest F. Watson and her son, Forrest I. Watson ’44, in memory of his brother, and by the Forrest F. Watson Charitable Trust and other family members.

    C.E. "Pete" Williams Jr. '53 Family Scholarship Fund Established in 2012 through a bequest from the estate of Pete Williams, Jr. '53.

    Roger W. Wilson Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1989 by Roger W. Wilson, Jr. ’75, in memory of his father.

    Trula and John Wright '57 Scholarship Fund Established in 2006 to support summer study abroad.

    Thomas H. and Eleanor G. Wright Memorial Scholarship Fund Established in 1968 by Thomas H. Wright, Jr. ’37, in memory of his parents.

    Flora M. Zinn Scholarship Fund Established in 1988 by bequest.

Woodberry Forest School

Woodberry Forest, VA 22989   Phone: 540-672-3900
Woodberry Forest admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, disability, religious belief, and national or ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, disability, religious belief, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs. The school is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.